Sheet metal fabrication is a type of manufacturing method that turns metal sheets into different desired forms on demand, involving cutting, forming, stamping, welding, and many other processes. It is more cost-effective than CNC machining when manufacturing metal parts with a uniform wall thickness of less than 6 mm.
X Rapid Technologies provides fast and cost-effective sheet metal prototype fabrication solutions for any components that need to be made from 3D CAD files. We can supply any quantity of parts from low-volume prototypes to high-volume production runs.
1. Blanking. By blanking the sheet metal raw material is cut to the needed sizes for fabrication. The most commonly used sheet metal cutting technique is laser cutting.
2. Fabrication. By bending, forming, stamping, or other fabrication processes in accordance with the final shapes of the parts. In some cases, at least two processes are applied to fabricate one part.
3. Welding. There are many welding techniques as well, which are done manually or via machines. Through welding, separately fabricated parts are joined together into an assembled product.
4. Finishing. Sheet metal parts can be as machined or post-treated. The surface treatments include polishing, bead blasting, brushing, powder coating, plating, anodizing, etc.
· Easy, fast, and flexible fabrication processes.
· High precision.
· Suitable for fabrication of complex shaped parts.
· Less waste of raw materials.
· Fewer restrictions on material properties.
If you need metal prototypes or low-volume parts with a uniform thickness of less than 6mm. Sheet metal fabrication is a better manufacturing method than CNC machining. Just send your design to our professional engineers, and we will help you select the most optimal production solution.
No MOQ limit for sheet metal prototype fabrication. All your quantity demands can be fully met.
Abundant finishing choices such as painting, anodizing and electroplating to achieve
end-use quality through sheet metal prototype fabrication.
Parts via sheet metal prototype fabrication can be delivered within 7 days.
Aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel, copper and zinc, etc.
The finishings available for sheet metal prototype fabrication are polishing, bead blasting, brushing, powder coating, plating, anodizing, etc.
The general tolerance of sheet metal prototype fabrication is +/- 0.01 mm.
The lead time of sheet metal prototype fabrication services depends on the material, quantity, finishing, and other fabrication requirements. In most cases, it takes about 7 days.
In addition to sheet metal prototype fabrication, CNC machining, 3D metal printing, extrusion, and die casting are also processes that can produce metal prototypes. How to decide the optimal process depends on your specific application, material, and design.
For sheet metal prototype fabrication, please send us files in CAD, STP, STEP, IGS, or X_T format.