3D Prototype Services | Rapid Prototyping/3D Printing
X Rapid Technologies provides 3D printing rapid prototyping services. The service of making 3D prototypes is efficient and cost-saving. Contact us to know more.
Rapid 3D printing prototype service from X Rapid Technologies and its benefits
With the use of a rapid 3D printing prototype service from X Rapid Technologies, you can easily make numerous physical models of your chosen designs. View this page to learn more about the benefits of this service.
Designers are reportedly familiar with the use of 3D printers for decades. However, the traditional 3d prototype service and 3D printing prototype service were not as easy to use as the newer ones. Among these, 3D printing rapid prototyping services are worth a mention.
Rapid prototyping 3d printing services is a new printing technology with a lot of benefits. The most common and noticeable among 3D printing rapid prototyping services is the ease of making physical models with any designs without the need to hire an assistant or engineer for help.
Before going into deep about the advantages of rapid prototyping 3d printing services or 3D printing rapid prototyping services, it is important to understand what is 3d prototype service or 3D printing prototype service, its process, and how it can help. Keep reading this article to learn about the benefits that you enjoy with rapid prototyping 3d printing services or 3D printing rapid prototyping services.
What is the Rapid Prototyping Process?
If you are in need to move through the design iterations quickly while having the physical product for experimentation or demonstration, Rapid prototyping or 3D printing rapid prototyping services is the best solution to your situation. In this rapid prototyping 3d printing services, firms begin by chalking out the plan. The next thing they do is make prototypes of the plan and send the same for review with others in order to obtain feedback.
Subsequently, they even make certain changes to this plan keeping the feedback in concern. Once everything is properly set, the next step they take is to start with the rapid prototyping 3d printing services or 3D printing rapid prototyping services. This cycle is likely to repeat unless and until the proposed product/s are ready for sale. It is noteworthy to remember here that speed matters. The faster you reach this stage, the quicker you can reach out to the market with the product.
On the other hand, unlike 3D printing rapid prototyping services or 3D printing prototype service, or rapid prototyping 3d printing services, traditional or age-old prototyping services come with an issue. The most important among them is the time span they take for the completion of the process. For instance, the technology named Injection molding can be carried out on a large scale, but the process involved is often overseas and slow.
The known subtractive manufacturing techniques such as the CNC machining are also in existence, but they too are slow, and the final products you avail are not up to the mark. Hence, with this kind of manufacturing technology, you are likely to experience higher logistical costs as the process requires new tools and molds for every single new product. Making the tools and molds too can prove expensive, while these tools can also provide up with only a limited number of products.
The end result with traditional prototyping involves waiting for months to get the design manufactured. This simply stands for longer developmental cycles for the companies and less time for the customers to respond with their feedback. Fortunately, today you have the 3D Prototype service that allows a new measure to create prototypes without requiring any old techniques. 3D printing prototype service is also accurate, cheaper, and faster than all other methods. This is a reason why people now prefer using 3D prototype service.
3D printing rapid prototyping services
The most important point in the case of 3d prototype service is that it gives you prototypes within a short time period. The in-house designing team of 3d prototype service can thereby assess and check the designs rapidly with the use of CAD software. However, they are then required to stand down for some time while the latest lot of prototypes are manufactured slowly and shipped. All you face here is getting the products out to the market after a long wait and with some additional costs.
With the use of the 3D printing prototype service and rapid prototyping 3d printing services, the way an organization approaches the manufacturing aspects of rapid prototyping has changed. With the 3D printing prototype service, and 3D printing rapid prototyping services, you will be able to easily manufacture the prototypes from various local suppliers in just a few hours with a good quality finished product. Neither you require molds or tools, nor do you have to bear additional 3D printing rapid prototyping services costs.
It is, however, important to recognize that 3D printing rapid prototyping services and 3D printing prototype service are not the same. While 3D printing prototype service or is relatively new, the concept and use of rapid prototyping have been there since the 1970s. It is instead better to acknowledge the rapid prototyping technique as one that is used for iterating through the designing process at a faster pace and rapid prototyping 3d printing services as the modern manufacturing solution used for bringing those traditional rapid prototyping technologies to light.
Benefits of using rapid prototyping 3d printing services
There are numerous material benefits of rapid prototyping 3d printing services or 3d printing rapid prototyping services, which are mentioned as follows:
- Low cost of manufacturing- Ready availability of a number of 3d printing rapid prototyping services providers and the absence of tooling and setup costs all tend to cut down the transportation costs and minimum order requirements.
- Faster manufacturing time period of rapid prototyping 3d printing services - As compared to the traditional manufacturing process, 3D prototype service can easily produce a large number of complex products with good finishes in a very short time period.
- Extensive availability of materials required- When it comes to 3D printing prototype service, you can easily available materials from a huge array of materials meant for 3d prototype service.
- A wide array of applications- Rapid prototyping 3d printing services find use in a large number of industries, including the medical industry, Electronics, Mechanical engineering, Architecture firms, and Footwear Manufacturers.
3d prototype service, rapid prototyping 3d printing services and 3D printing prototype service is nodoubt the best option for your business. Contact X Rapid Technologies to know more about 3D printing rapid prototyping services, 3d prototype service, and rapid prototyping 3d printing services.
The 3D printing technologies commonly involved in rapid prototyping are as follows:
- Selective Laser Sintering, SLS
- Selective Laser Melting, SLM
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering, DMLS
- Stereo Lithography Apparatus, SLA
- Fused Deposition Modeling, FDM
- Laminated Object Manufacturing, LOM
Different technologies enjoy different advantages in various areas. 3D printing in rapid prototyping services has three major applications.
1. Production of prototypes
All the above technologies can be applied in 3D printing prototype services. The tolerances, strength, and surface qualities of parts are different. Providing 3D prototype services is the most common application of 3D printing technology.
To be specific, people who need 3D printing prototype services would be as follows:
(1) Industrial designers: for product prototyping, toy design, lighting design, etc
(2) Art designers: for toy design, jewelry design, production of complex sculpture, film and television props, stop-motion animation models, etc
(3) Prototype fans: for doll models, handmade works, etc
(4) Mechanical designers: for mechanical parts, molds, etc
(5) Architects: for architectural prototyping, urban planning, wind tunnel/pressure testing, model house display, etc
(6) Technology geeks: for electronic DIY production, advanced toys, etc
(7) Researchers: for archaeology, medical, aerospace, weapons development, bioprinting, material researching, etc
(8) Publishing industry: for popular science magazines, popular science books, etc
(9) Students/Teachers: for teaching, researching, etc
In short, businesses and individuals need 3D printing prototype services to verify designs, test functions of products, attend exhibitions and other marketing occasions, showcase, and personal interests.
There is an amusing example. Beijing's 2012 Winter Olympic Games mascot, Bing Dwen Dwen, was such a hit then that many people weren't able to buy one. One of our brilliant customers turns to us asking for 3D prototype-making service for a Bing Dwen Dwen.
2. Indirect manufacturing of molds
3D printing is also used to make a model for producing molds, such as silicone molds, plaster molds, resin molds, sand molds, etc. Then, people use those molds to manufacture parts the same as the model. It is also how vacuum casting makes its master molds.
3. Direct manufacturing of molds
Soft molds and hard molds can be directly manufactured via 3D printing technologies like SLS and SLM. It stands out in making special-structured molds, such as conformal cooling molds, which are difficult to produce by traditional manufacturing methods. It is a primary highlight of 3D printing technology in the prototyping industry applications. Conformal cooling molds have many advantages. They can improve cooling efficiency, ensure uniform cooling, and enhance product quality and production efficiency.
There are many advantages of rapid prototyping by 3D printing services.
(1) 3D printing can achieve zero waste of production materials in the production process. It makes parts through layer-by-layer printing based on the three-dimensional design, thus achieving zero waste compared to the traditional cutting processing.
(2) It accelerates product development. 3D printing has changed the way of thinking of designers. They will consider the weight-bearing and force-bearing capacities of different places of the part.
(3) Using a 3D printing prototype service can shorten the production cycle to a large extent. Rapid prototyping via 3D printing services helps to eliminate the design and proof process compared to traditional ones, shortening the production cycle from design to production. It allows designers to adjust their 3D drawings easily at a low cost.
(4) Rapid prototyping using 3D printing services reduces the need for human resources in the design and production process.