Metal Fabrication Products: Everything You Need to Know
The manufacturing of metal fabrication products involves many different steps. At X Rapid Technologies, we ensure that our products are of the highest quality.
Get precise metal fabrication products with X rapid echnologies
Producing sheet metal fabrication products is an art and X rapid technologies is a company that can produce precise outcomes with 100% high-quality raw materials for strength and longevity.
Sheet metal fabrication products are very popular in the manufacturing industry. It has several benefits that make it one of the best options for creating a product.
Benefits of metal fabrication products
Metal products usually have higher heat resistance, and they are less likely to get damaged from a high temperature
Metal products are stronger than other options. They are also more durable than plastic products.
One can manufacture several kinds of products by using metal. Besides that, there are several metal fabrication processes one can use to create metal fabrication products, including casting, deep drawing, welding, forging, soldering, and chipping.
If you are thinking about creating metal products for the long run, it will be more cost-effective than other options.
It is easier to work with metal than with any other element, and by metal fabrication processes, you are more likely to get the outcome you want
What is the process of manufacturing the sheet metal fabrication products?
There are 3 steps.
Separating raw materials
First, one has two separate raw materials. The separation method depends on drawing. There are three ways to separate raw materials for manufacturing sheet metal fabrication products.
- The first one is a CNC punching workpiece that may have a large burr on the edges after processing and that's why one may have to shape the edges to maintain the consistency of the size of products belonging to the same batch.
- For special shaped sheet metal parts, using laser cutting is the best option.
Once the raw materials are separated, it is important to differentiate metal parts that will have different production processes.
Press riveting: In this process, a press machine is used after ensuring that the stud is flush with the surface of the sheet metal fabrication products. The place where the segment and convex hull gap need to make with the mold will be the first area to get processed.
Bending: In this process, one has to select the bending tool and the slot of thickness based on the size of that metal part. The general order rule is from inside to outside, small to large, special to ordinary.
Spot welding: In the welding process of sheet metal fabrication products, one has to be very careful about the welding position. Weld marks may appear on the surface after the process that has to be treated with a grinding machine.
Assembly and packing
Once the parts are made by using different processes, the sheet metal fabrication products have to be assembled.
To assemble the parts, first, one should clean the parts perfectly and then assemble them together.
Send the workpiece for quality inspection, and when the workpiece passes the quality inspection, it should be put into special pack bags.
X Rapid Technologies- one-stop option for producing metal fabrication products
If you are looking for a company that can provide you with high-quality metal fabrication products made with 100% raw materials, We, X Rapid technologies, are at your service to provide you with high-quality and durable metal fabrication products.
With advanced equipment and technology, we make sure to provide our clients with precise outcomes so that they can get their desired success in the market. We have an extremely experienced and skilled team that knows how to turn your creativity into reality. No matter which product you are willing to manufacture, we will provide you with strong and durable products that will help you to grow.
Sheet metal fabrication turns metal sheets into different desired forms on demand, involving cutting, forming, stamping, welding, and many other processes. It is more cost-effective than CNC machining when manufacturing metal parts with a uniform wall thickness of less than 6 mm.
The main processes of manufacturing sheet metal fabrication products are separating raw materials - riveting/bending - spot welding - assembly - packing. Different points need attention in different processes.
1. Separating raw materials
Based on the drawing, there are different ways of separating raw materials, mainly CNC punching, laser cutting, etc. The following need to be paid attention to.
(1) CNC punching workpiece may have a large burr on the edges after processing. It is necessary to sand the edges and burrs to facilitate the bending's positioning and guarantee the consistency of the size of the same batch of products.
(2) The cross-section of the laser cutting is flat. So it is very suitable for fabricating special-shaped sheet metal parts.
2. Riveting/bending/spot welding
After the material is separated, here comes the primary process. Different sheet metal parts have diverse production processes, including bending, riveting, spot welding, etc.
(1) Press riveting: we need to choose the mold according to the height and size of the stud. When using the press machine, make sure that the stud is flush with the surface of the sheet metal fabrication products. The first place to process is where the convex hull and segment gap need to be made with the mold so that the following processes will not interfere with each other.
(2) Bending: select the bending tool and slot of corresponding thickness based on the size of the part. Be sure to determine the order of bending first. The general rule is from inside to outside, small to large, and special to ordinary.
(3) Spot welding: to weld firmly, hit the bump welding on the workpiece and workpiece connection, and at the same time, make sure the welding position is accurate. Weld marks will appear on the surface of the sheet metal fabrication products after spot welding, and they should be treated with a grinding machine. Sometimes, for firmness and appearance, it can only be one or the other. It cannot have both firmness and appearance at the same time. Just make sure what is the top priority.
3. Assembly and packing
(1) Wear gloves before assembly to avoid dust on the workpiece, and some parts need to be blown clean with an air gun.
(2) After the workpiece has passed the quality inspection, it should be put into special packing bags to be protected. For large quantities of sheet metal fabrication products, we will use specific cartons, bubble bags, rubber pads, trays, or wooden boxes to protect them.
At X Rapid Technologies, in addition to the strict requirements of the process, every sheet metal part needs quality inspection. Firstly, we strictly control the dimensions of the sheet metal parts according to the drawings. Secondly, we carefully check the appearance of the sheet metal parts, which does not allow any scratch marks on the sheet metal parts. We will rework or scrap the sheet metal parts that do not match the dimensions. In this way, we can make sure if there are any mistakes in the drawings, if there are bad operating habits during the manufacturing process and if there are possible errors in the manufacturing process, etc. In one word, high quality is ensured via strict inspection.
Don't hesitate to get in touch to kickstart your project with us today!